Posted on 16 April 2008 by Staff
- What is the State Motto of New Hampshire?
- Delaware’s nickname is this fitting title.
- Though officially known as the “Sunflower State,” Kansas has a commonly known nickname dating back to its entrance into the Union. What is it?
- This state is aptly known as the Grand Canyon State.
- This state’s slogan declares that it is alright.
6. Florida uses the same motto as the United States as a whole. What is it?
7. “Eureka!” The motto of California translates as what?
8. Two States have mottos or slogans referencing aviation. What are they?
9. Though not a state, Washington DC has an official motto, and it is this.
10. What Missouri nickname refers to the need of its residents to “see it to believe it?”
11. What is the translation of Oregon’s motto “Alis volat propriis?”
12. These two states have their official mottos written in French.
13. Rhode Island has a one word motto, what is it?
14. Montana’s state motto focuses on these two precious metals
15. Stephen Colbert altered viewers to this phrase, the State Motto of South Carolina.
1. Live Free or Die
2. The First State
3. Bleeding Kansas
5. Oklahoma. (Oklahoma is OK!)
6. In God We Trust
7. I have found it.
8. Ohio and North Carolina
9. “Taxation Without Representation”
10. Show Me State
11. “She flies with her own wings”
12. Louisiana and Minnesota
14. Gold and Silver
15. Dum Spiro Spero (While I breathe I hope)
Popularity: 23% [?]
Posted on 02 April 2008 by Nathaniel Hilliard
- During the Second World War, this General lived up to his words “I shall return.”
- During the First Gulf War, this General was know as “Stormin’ Norman.”
- After leading Operation Overlord, this General went on to lead the United States as the 34th president of the Union.
- This United States Civil War General is known for his “neckties” and assertion that he would “make Georgia howl.”
- In charge of US Central Command, This General oversaw the invasion of Afghanistan and led the fight against the Taliban.
- This General was given charge over a fictitious military group as a distraction to the Germans against the impending invasion of continental Europe.
- Serving in the Revolutionary War, this General earned his nickname for his at times uncontrollable temper.
- This Civil War General lends a variant of his name to a common type of facial hair worn by men.
- Nicknamed “Old Rough and Ready,” This General and future President led US troops under President James K. Polk during the Mexican War.
- Who famously made a pact with the British to surrender the American fort at West Point, New York before switching sides in the Revolutionary War?
- The quote “NUTS!” was given as a response to German demands of surrender by which future General during the Second World War?
- Which Frenchman who served as a General under George Washington was awarded citizenship of the United States in 2002, and has a portrait in the chamber of the US House of Representatives?
- After this General followed his native state of Virginia to secession, his family’s estate of Arlington was seized and later turned into a national cemetery for soldiers near Washington DC.
- Which US General sued network CBS for libel after a 1982 documentary was aired?
- This General led the American Expeditionary Forces that landed in France during the First World War.
- General Douglas MacArthur
- General Norman Schwarzkopf, Jr.
- General Dwight D. Eisenhower
- General William Tecumseh Sherman
- General Tommy Franks
- General George Patton
- General “Mad” Anthony Wayne
- General Ambrose Burnside
- General Zachary Taylor
- General Benedict Arnold
- General Anthony McAuliffe
- General Gilbert du Motier (Marquis de La Fayette)
- General Robert E. Lee
- General William Westmoreland
- General John J Pershing
Popularity: 22% [?]